|Origin:||of Hebrew origin 03091 ewvy|
|Reference:||TDNT - 3:284,360|
|PrtSpch:||n pr m|
|In Greek:||ihsou 320, ihsoun 124, ihsouv 454, ihsouv] 3, ihsou]] 1, [ihsoun] 1, [ihsouv] 3, [ihsou] 6, [[ihsouv 1|
|In NET:||Jesus 865, of Jesus 24, Joshua 3, he 2, to Jesus 2, him 2, Christians 1, for Jesus 1, with Jesus 1|
|In AV:||Jesus 972, Jesus (Joshua) 2, Jesus (Justus) 1|
|Definition:||Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
2) Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate
to release instead of Christ
3) Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor
(Ac 7:45, Heb 4:8)
4) Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu 3:29)
5) Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with
Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col 4:11)
of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord
and two (three) other Israelites:-Jesus.
see HEBREW for 03091
|Jesus (KJV, TEV)|
Joshua (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)
Also search for "Iesous" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Iesous" (Joshua) in Bible Study Dictionaries