NET Bible ™ Features
NET Bible ™ Learning Environment feature list:
- Discovery Box: This is a NEW innovation that acts as your search agent and searches for relevant information about your search or the text under review. Check it out to complete your study references.
- Bible View:
View a chapter of the NET Bible® text, notes, various Bible versions, cross references (without popups), names of people in the chapter, paragraph titles in the chapter, and articles that discuss the chapter. Ex.: John 1
- In Bible View click on the audio icon and listen to the New Testament.
- Verse View: Compares the NET Bible® verse text with other translations found on the Internet including its commentaries, with "popup" cross references and word analysis with Strong's numbers. Ex.: John 1:1
- Multi Verse/Passages: Allows you to look-up and display verse(s) in specific range e.g John 3:16; Rom 5:8-10; Rom 8:32; 2Co 5:19-21; 1Tim 1:15-16.
- XRefs/CrossReferences: These exist in the Bible View and the commentaries tab in Verse View (only in Verse View can you see each XRefs as a verse popup.
- Strong View: Help you to find the definition of Greek/Hebrew word(s) via Strong's number.
- Dictionary View: Need explanation of word(s) in Bible? The Study Dictionary will help you.
- Universal Search: Simply type the verse, passage, words, or Strong's number you want. The search will search the NET Bible® for the word as well as the dictionaries.
- Double Click Search: Just double-click each word in the text e.g. (Jesus) and see what happen.
- Advanced Search: Simply search any specific word(s), phrase, partial words, old or new testament, NET Bible® text and/or notes.
- Webmaster Tools: that allow you to add this NET Bible™ study toolset to your website for FREE (future version -- not available in the version 1.0 beta).
- Download: Provide NET Bible® text and notes in various modules for different bible study formats for download. Free and premium versions are available.
- Fonts: Download Greek and Hebrew fonts.
- Sitemap: Map of this site.
- TIPS: On the bottom of each page you will notice a TIP# and a Tip description. This will change for each page view so you can learn the program. To see all the TIPS click the ALL Tips link at the end of the TIP# line.
- Daily View: Read Bible for one year, daily passages for everyday reading.
We have set up a suggestion and bug reporting system so any user can suggest a change or leave us a comment about "whatever", be it ease of use problems or bug reports. You can register and then login in and then select settings and it will automatically enter your name instead of the name "anonymous" When you do this your can review your tickets by reporter and view the progress and comments we add to the ticket.
Known shortfalls with fixes in process:
- The interface display doesn't remember your place in the Bible when you do a search. This will be fixed in the next release (the work-in-process layout is here).
- Copy and pasting the verses or a screen is difficult. See Tips page for a copy and paste work around. Print Preview - Clicking the Print Preview icon will produce a print and copy and paste friendly window of the page you are looking at. This will allow you to copy and paste to your studies or to print it (this function not available in the alpha release of the product).