| Uzzielites, The
In Bible versions:
son of Kohath son of Levi
son of Ishi of Simeon who helped destroy the Amalekites
son of Bela son of Benjamin
son of Heman the Levite; worship leader under Heman and David
a Levite leader of Jeduthun Clan in the time of Hezekiah
son of Harhaiah; a goldsmith who helped rebuild the wall
the strength, or kid, of the Lord ( --> same as Uzziah)
Uzziel = "my strength is God"
1) the 4th son of Kohath and grandson of Levi, uncle of Moses and Aaron
2) a Simeonite captain, son of Ishi, in the days of king Hezekiah of
3) descendant of Bela, head of a family in the tribe of Benjamin
4) a musician of the sons of Heman in the time of David
5) a Levite of the sons of Jeduthun in the days of king Hezekiah of
6) son of Harhaiah, probably a priest and a goldsmith, who took part
in repairing the wall under Nehemiah
5816 `Uzziy'el ooz-zee-ale'
from 5797 and 410; strength of God; Uzziel, the name of six
see HEBREW for 05797
see HEBREW for 0410
(my strength is God
- Fourth son of Kohath, father of Mishael, Eizaphan or Elizaphan and Zithri, and uncle to Aaron. (Exodus 6:18,22; Leviticus 10:4) (B.C. before 1491.)
- A Simeonite captain, son of Ishi, in the days of Hezekiah. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 4:42)
- Head of a Benjamite house, of the sons of Bela. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 7:7) (B.C. 1706.)
- A musician, of the sons of Heman in David?s reign. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 25:4)
- A Levite, of the sons of Jeduthun, in the days of Hezekiah. (2Ã‚Â Chronicles 29:14,18) (B.C. 726.)
- Son of Harhaiah, probably a priest in the days of Nehemiah, who took part in repairing the wall. (Nehemiah 3:8) (B.C. 446.) He is described as "of the goldsmiths," i.e. of those priests whose hereditary office it was to repair or make the sacred vessels.
- u-zi'-el, uz'-i-el, oo'-zi-el (`uzzi'el, "El (God) is my strength"):
(1) A "son" of Kohath (Ex 6:18,22; Lev 10:4; Nu 3:19,30; 1 Ch 6:2,18 (Hebrew 5:28; 6:3); 15:10; 23:12,20; 24:24), called in Lev 10:4 "uncle of Aaron." The family is called Uzzielites (ha`uzzi'eli (collectively)) in Nu 3:27; 1 Ch 26:23.
(2) A Simeonite captain (1 Ch 4:42).
(3) Head of a Benjamite (or according to Curtis a Zebulunite) family (1 Ch 7:7).
(4) A Hemanite musician (1 Ch 25:4); The Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus has Azarael = "Azarel," the name given in 1 Ch 25:18.
(5) A Levite "son" of Jeduthun (2 Ch 29:14).
(6) A goldsmith who joined in repairing the wall of Jerusalem (Neh 3:8).
(7) The reading of Septuagint (Oziel) for Jahaziel in 1 Ch 23:19.
See JAHAZIEL, (3).
David Francis Roberts