|Origin:||from the same as 4613 Nwemv|
|PrtSpch:||n pr m|
|In Greek:||sumewn 6|
|In NET:||Simeon 5, of Simeon 1|
|In AV:||Simeon 6, Simon Peter 1|
|Definition:||Simon = "harkening"
1) the second son of Jacob by Leah
2) one of Abraham's descendants
3) the one who took the infant Jesus in his arms in the temple
4) a teacher at the church of Antioch
5) the original name of Peter the apostle
from the same as 4613; Symeon (i.e. Shimon), the name of five
see GREEK for 4613
Simon (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)
Also search for "Sumeon" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Sumeon" (Simeon; Simeonites; Simon; Simeon) in Bible Study Dictionaries