|Origin:||from 08085 and 0410|
|PrtSpch:||noun proper masculine|
|In Hebrew:||laemsy 37, laemsyw 9, laemsylw 2|
|In NET:||Ishmael 45, Ishmael's 3|
|In AV:||Ishmael 48|
|Definition:||Ishmael = "God will hear"
1) son of Abraham and Sarah's handmaid Hagar and the progenitor of
the Arabian peoples
2) son of Nethaniah and the murderer of Gedaliah
3) a Benjamite, one of the sons of Azel a descendant of Saul through
Meribbaal or Mephibosheth
4) a Judaite, father of Zebadiah
5) a Judaite, son of Johanan and one of the captains who aided
Jehoiada in restoring Joash to the throne
6) a priest of the family of Pashur with a foreign wife whom he was
forced to put away by Ezra
from 8085 and 410; God will hear; Jishmael, the name of
Abraham's oldest son, and of five Israelites:-Ishmael.
see HEBREW for 08085
see HEBREW for 0410
|Ishmael (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)|
Also search for "Yishma`e'l" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Yishma`e'l" (Ishmael) in Bible Study Dictionaries