|Reference:||TWOT - 2446a|
|In Hebrew:||Nps 29, Npsh 2, Mynps 1, Npsw 1, Mynpsl 1|
|In NET:||Shaphan 30, rock badger 2, rock badgers 2|
|In AV:||Shaphan 30, coney 4|
1) rock badger, coney, the hyrax
n pr m
2) secretary or scribe of king Josiah of Judah
3) father of Ahikam in the time of king Josiah of Judah
3a) improbably the same as 2
4) father of Elasah in the time of the prophet Jeremiah
4a) perhaps the same as 3
5) a scribe and father of Gemariah
5a) perhaps the same as 2
6) father of Jaazaniah in the time of Ezekiel
6a) perhaps the same as 2
from 8226; a species of rock-rabbit (from its hiding), i.e.
probably the hyrax:-coney.
see HEBREW for 08226
|Shaphan (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)|
Also search for "shaphan" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "shaphan" (Shaphan) in Bible Study Dictionaries