|In Hebrew:||ewsy 19, ewsyw 8, ewsyl 1, ewsybw 1|
|In NET:||Jeshua 28, Joshua 1|
|In AV:||Jeshua 29|
|Definition:||Jeshua = "he is saved"
n pr m
1) son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the
leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan
2) son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration
3) a priest in the time of David who had charge of the 9th course
4) a Levite in the reign of Hezekiah
5) head of a Levitical house which returned from captivity in Babylon
6) father of a builder of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
n pr loc
7) a town in southern Judah reinhabited by the people of Judah after
the return from captivity
for 3091; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites,
also of a place in Palestine:-Jeshua.
see HEBREW for 03091
|Jeshua (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)|
Joshua (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)
Also search for "Yeshuwa`" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Yeshuwa`" (Jeshua; Joshua; Joshua) in Bible Study Dictionaries