|Origin:||from 03068 and 08199, Greek 2498 Iwsafat|
|In Hebrew:||jpswhy 67, jpswhyw 11, jpswhyl 6|
|In NET:||Jehoshaphat 75, Jehoshaphat's 8|
|In AV:||Jehoshaphat 84|
|Definition:||Jehoshaphat = "Jehovah has judged"
n pr m
1) son of king Asa and himself king of Judah for 25 years; one of the
best, most pious, and prosperous kings of Judah
2) son of Nimshi and father of king Jehu of the northern kingdom of Israel
3) son of Ahilud and chronicler under David and Solomon
4) son of Paruah and one of the 12 commissary officers under Solomon
5) a priest and trumpeter in the time of David
n pr loc
6) symbolical name of a valley near Jerusalem which is the place of
ultimate judgment; maybe the deep ravine which separates Jerusalem
from the Mount of Olives through which the Kidron flowed
from 3068 and 8199; Jehovah-judged; Jehoshaphat, the name of
six Israelites; also of a valley near Jerusalem:-Jehoshaphat.
see HEBREW for 03068
see HEBREW for 08199
see HEBREW for 03146
|Jehoshaphat (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)|
Also search for "Y@howshaphat" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Y@howshaphat" (Jehoshaphat) in Bible Study Dictionaries