|PrtSpch:||noun proper masculine|
|In Hebrew:||Nnx 9, Nnxw 3|
|In NET:||Hanan 12|
|In AV:||Hanan 12|
|Definition:||Canan or Hanan = "he is merciful"
1) one of the chief people of the tribe of Benjamin
2) last of the 6 sons of Azel, a descendant of Saul
3) son of Maachah, one of David's mighty warriors
4) father of some sons who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
5) one of the Levites who assisted Ezra in his public exposition of
6) one of the heads of the people who also sealed the covenant with
7) another of the chief laymen who also sealed the covenant with
8) son of Zaccur, grandson of Mattaniah whom Nehemiah made one of the
storekeepers of the provisions collected as tithes. Same as 5 ?
9) son of Igdaliah
from 2603; favor; Chanan, the name of seven
see HEBREW for 02603
|Hanan (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)|
Also search for "Chanan" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Chanan" (Hanan) in Bible Study Dictionaries