|Origin:||the same as 02225, Greek 2196 Zara|
|PrtSpch:||noun proper masculine|
|In Hebrew:||xrz 17, xrzw 2, xrzl 2|
|In NET:||Zerah 21|
|In AV:||Zerah 20, Zarah 1|
|Definition:||Zerah or Zarah = "rising"
1) a son of Reuel and grandson of Esau, one of the dukes of the Edomites
2) twin brother of Pharez, sons of Judah and Tamar; descendants are
called Zarhites, Ezrahites, and Izrahites
3) son of Simeon; also called 'Zohar'
4) a Gershonite Levite, son of Iddo of Adaiah
5) the Ethiopian or Cushite, invader of Judah in the reign of Asa who
defeated the invaders; probably the same as the Egyptian king
Usarken I, second king of the Egyptian 22nd dynasty or perhaps more
probably Usarken II, his 2nd successor
6) another Edomite leader; possibly same as 1
the same as 2225; Zerach, the name of three Israelites, also
of an Idumaean and an Ethiopian prince:-Zarah, Zerah.
see HEBREW for 02225
|the Zerahite clan (NIV)|
Zerah (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)
Zerahiah (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, TEV)
Zerahite (NET, NIV)
Zerahites (NET, KJV, NASB, NIV, NRSV, TEV)
Also search for "Zerach" and display in [NET] and Parallel Bibles.
Also explore "Zerach" (Zerah; Zerahiah; Zerahites; Zerahite) in Bible Study Dictionaries