In Bible versions:
a chief of the descendants of Reuben
father of Gibeon of Benjamin
son of Hotham the Aroerite; one of David's military elite
a Levite worship leader in David's time
son of Mattaniah of Asaph of Levi
a man who was secretary of war for King Uzziah of Judah
a chief officer of the house of God in Josiah's time
a man who put away his heathen wife; an Israelite descended from Nebo
a descendant of Shelah of Judah, who returned from exile with his family
one of the Levites of Elizaphan that King Hezekiah assigned to supervise the cleansing of the temple
head of a family group descended from Adonikam who returned from exile
God hath taken away; God heaping up
Jeiel or Jehiel = "God sweeps away"
1) one of the sons of Adonikam who returned from exile with Ezra
2) a chief Reubenite of the house of Joel
3) a Merarite Levite and a gatekeeper to the tabernacle who also
played the harp and psaltery in the service before the ark
4) one of the chiefs of the Levites in the time of king Josiah
5) one of the sons of Nebo who took a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
6) a man of Gibeon and ancestor of king Saul
7) one of the sons of Hotham the Aroerite and one of David's mighty
8) the scribe of king Uzziah who kept the account of the king's
irregular predatory warriors
9) a Gershonite Levite of the sons of Elizaphan
10) a Gershonite Levite of the sons of Asaph and forefather of
Jahaziel in the time of king Jehoshaphat
3273 Y`iy'el yeh-ee-ale'
from 3261 and 410; carried away of God; Jeiel, the name of
six Israelites:-Jeiel, Jehiel. Compare 3262.
see HEBREW for 03261
see HEBREW for 0410
see HEBREW for 03262
Jeuel = "God sweeps away"
1) son of Zerah and a chief man of Judah
3262 Y`uw'el yeh-oo-ale'
from 3261 and 410; carried away of God; Jeuel, the name of
four Israelites; -Jehiel, Jeiel, Jeuel. Compare 3273.
see HEBREW for 03261
see HEBREW for 0410
see HEBREW for 03273
1. Called also Jehiel. A Reubenite, 1 Chr. 5:7
2. A Benjamite, 1 Chr. 9:35
3. One of David's heroes, 1 Chr. 11:44
4. A Levite, and chorister in the tabernacle service, 1 Chr. 15:18
5. A Levite, ancestor of Jahaziel, who encouraged Judah against their enemies, 2 Chr. 20:14
6. A scribe during the reign of Uzziah, 2 Chr. 26:11
7. A Levite who cleansed the temple, 2 Chr. 29:13
8. A chief of the Levites who gave, with other chiefs, five thousand five hundred "small cattle'' for sacrifice, 2 Chr. 35:9
9. A son of Adonikam, an exile who returned to Jerusalem with Ezra, Ezra 8:13
10. A priest who was defiled by marriage to an idolatrous woman, Ezra 10:43
(treasured of God
- A Reubenite of the house of Joel. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 5:7)
- A Merarite Levite, one of the gate-keepers to the sacred tent. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 15:18) His duty was also to play the harp, ver. (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 15:21) or the psaltery and harp, (1Ã‚Â Chronicles 16:5) in the service before the ark. (B.C. 1043.)
- A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Asaph, forefather of Jahaziel in the time of King Jehoshaphat. (2Ã‚Â Chronicles 20:14) (B.C. 910.)
- The scribe who kept the account of the numbers of King Uzziah?s irregular predatory warriors. (2Ã‚Â Chronicles 26:11) (B.C. 803.)
- A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Elizaphan. (2Ã‚Â Chronicles 29:13)
- One of the chiefs of the Levites in the time of Josiah. (2Ã‚Â Chronicles 35:9) (B.C. 623.)
- One of the Bene-Adonikam who formed part of the caravan of Ezra from Babylon to Jerusalem. (Ezra 8:13) (B.C. 459.)
- A layman of the Bene-Nebo, who had taken a foreign wife and had to relinquish her. (Ezra 10:43) (B.C. 459.)
- je-i'-el (ye`i'el, meaning unknown):
(1) A Reubenite (1 Ch 5:7).
(2) In 1 Ch 8:29, added in the Revised Version (British and American) from 9:35, where Kethibh is "Jeuel," an ancestor of King Saul; the King James Version "Jehiel."
(3) One of David's mighty men (1 Ch 11:44). the King James Version is "Jehiel"; Kethibh is "Jeuel."
(4) A Levite, keeper of the ark with Obed-edom (1 Ch 15:18,21; 16:5; 2 Ch 20:14), called "Jehiah" in 1 Ch 15:24.
(5) A Levite (1 Ch 16:5) = "Jaaziel" of 1 Ch 15:18 (which see).
(6) A scribe under King Uzziah (2 Ch 26:11).
(7) A chief of the Levites, present at King Josiah's great Passover feast (2 Ch 35:9).
(8) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezr 10:43) = "Juel" in 1 Esdras 9:35.
(9) the King James Version in 2 Ch 29:14; see JEHIEL, (5).
(10) the King James Version in Ezr 8:13; see JEUEL, (3).
David Francis Roberts