- The Women at the Tomb (Matthew 28:1; 28:5-8; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-8; John 20:1)
- Earthquake and Resurrection (Matthew 28:2-4; 1 Corinthians 15:4)
- Appearing to the Women (Matthew 28:9f.)
- The Report of the Guards (Matthew 28:11-15)
- The Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-18; Luke 24:44-49; John 20:21-23)
- Going to All People (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-18; 16:20; Luke 24:44-49; John 20:21-23)
In artwork depicting Christ rising from the tomb, the women are sometimes shown approaching in the background. Such artwork is not always connected to the current heading.
(140 pictures) Related Topics: Earthquake and Resurrection | Related Chapter: MATTHEW 28 ; MARK 16 ; LUKE 24 ; JOHN 20
The Bible does not tell us about the actual resurrection, but about the signs accompanying it. The stone is not removed to let Jesus out, but to show the empty tomb. Anyway, pictures of the resurrection represented by the links below, are mostly connected with the earthquake. This is the traditional way to treat the subject in art.
(7 pictures) Related Topics: Appearing to Mary Magdalene | Related Names: MAGDALENE ; MARY | Related Chapter: MATTHEW 28
Same day he appears to the women, The
(2 pictures) Related Chapter: MATTHEW 28
(13 pictures) Related Topics: Appearing to the Eleven ; Going to All People | Related Chapter: MATTHEW 28 ; MARK 16 ; LUKE 24 ; JOHN 20